Positions Currently Available
Master Control Operator (PDF)
WLJT-DT is currently accepting resumes for the position of part-time Master Control Operator.
Successful candidates will work in our master control facilities, which are located on the UT-Martin
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Performing all required Master Control duties during a regular operating shift which includes,
but is not limited to, the following:
- Assuring the accuracy of all program logs, record schedules, automation schedules and
other related documents and files.
- Receive and check all programs, recordings and other on-air materials for technical
- Report all pertinent program/on-air information to the Director of Broadcast Operations.
- Report technical malfunctions to the Engineering Department.
- Operate the technical facilities of Master Control as designated by the logs, schedules and other protocols for the efficient, legal and appropriate over-the-air delivery of programming materials to the viewing audience.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Demonstrate an understanding of electronics, television broadcast equipment, and IT based networking and associated equipment.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Some college and experience in a technically based television environment preferred.
This position will take direction from the Master Control Supervisor and the Director of Engineering.
Send resume including 3 professional references to:
P. O. Box 966
Martin, TN 38237
All materials should be postmarked no later than July 6. No phone calls please.
Recent Positions Filled
There have been no positions filled since the last EEO Report.